Kairos

Kairos in ancient Greek means "a moment in time".My desire is that this blog will allow me a moment to reflect on life and give you an moment to share in it with me.We are sooooo busy these days and it is so very important not to let the little things and moments pass us by.Hoping you are having a BLESSED day :)

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

have you seen my ministry?

For a few years now,I've felt that God was calling me to ministry.I also believed that the first step involved moving to Nashville.So,a year ago,I started making preparations to move. I went last January and met some people at the DHS office in Nashville.My plan was to transfer my job at least to get me to Nashville.Then,I'd see what happened from there.I had a wonderful meeting that day at the office.However,I got back in my car after the meeting and this overwhelming sense came over me.God told me I wasn't coming to Nashville.At first I thought it was just nerves.But,as I remained in Nashville for a few more days after the meeting,I still sensed God wasn't calling me to Nashville after all.So,I came home just devastated.Luckily,I didn't turn my back on God.I started asking questions.I finally convinced myself the timing wasn't right.I thought God would still calll me eventually to Nashville. This was my thoughts for a few months.Then,I started getting anxious.I wanted to use my spiritual gifts and talents.However,I'd convinced myself that I wouldn't be able to fully use them until I got to Nashville.Only God knew when that'd be too.So,I was just kind of waiting.I didn't know what to do with myself except stay in church,bible study,etc until God called me.During this time,I made some great relationships and grew in my walk with God.I'd also built a stronger relationship with my family too.So,now,God has used all these relationships and my every day activites to be my ministry.I am ashamed to say that it hasn't been until
recently that I truly understood that my ministry is where I'm at.It's at my job,church,friends,family,etc. I thought I had to be in full time ministry to really have a ministry.That's not true.As you look at Jesus' ministry,He used ordinary daily activities and circumstances to minister.He stopped right in His tracks at times to take the time to talk with someone or to heal someone. So,I'm excited to see what 2007 holds as I look afresh at my life and my opportunities. God bless......

3 Comments:

  • At 3:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Alicia, You are fortunate in that you have discovered what many struggle with a lifetime, and that is to serve God Today, Here, Now, and let God take care of tomorrow. I know from experience in my own life that you can become SO BUSY with what you plan to do, that you forget to do what you are supposed to be doing at the moment! If one isn't careful, they will spend a lifetime planning! I am as proud of you as any aunt has ever been of a Niece!! Keep up the good work and keep the faith, Aunt Sherry

     
  • At 4:12 PM , Blogger Alicia Beth said...

    Awww,thanks Aunt Sherry :) I got your letter.I appreciate that too. I found the perfect card to send you so be looking for it in the mail.

     
  • At 7:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey little one! Nice blog site. :) Its Crystal :)

    Well I must agree with your Auntie that it takes many people a lifetime to discover their true walk or they spend a lifetime seeking this walk instead of letting God present it to them. Sometimes the most significant points of inspiration in our lives come during our quiet times.

    I can recommend an author for you, Joel Goldsmith. He is the writer of the Infiniate Way. Good book...really deep...must read a few times to completely comprehend. But it really gets your mind thinking about what I AM truly means. I hope this book inspires you like it has me. We are reading many of his books....as well as many financial books...and I am well on my way retiring this year!! Whoot! God gets the credit...first and foremost.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home