Kairos

Kairos in ancient Greek means "a moment in time".My desire is that this blog will allow me a moment to reflect on life and give you an moment to share in it with me.We are sooooo busy these days and it is so very important not to let the little things and moments pass us by.Hoping you are having a BLESSED day :)

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

raising your parents ?

I was reading a friend's blog the other night.She was talking about being shocked at her parents wanting tattoos. Apparently,there was a big discussion about it over Christmas. It was so funny reading her story and really sensing her shock and disbelief. I guess the reason I really enjoyed it was because I could relate. As we "kids" get into our 20's and 30's does it seem like there are times you are raising your parents? I know it's seemed like this for me a few times. Don't get me wrong. I love my parents and I'm so thankful for the good relationship I have with them. I guess as you become grown and move out of your parents home and control,the relationship just becomes different. You see a different side to them and learn new things (some,I should add,you'd rather not have known ). anyone know what I'm talking about? I didn't think about this as something most "kids" go through until I read my friend's blog. So,know,I'm curious. Anyone reading this relating? i'd love for you to share your stories :)
Oh,by the way,don't EVEN get me started on the moment I realized my mom actually knew what she was talking about :) lol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home