Kairos

Kairos in ancient Greek means "a moment in time".My desire is that this blog will allow me a moment to reflect on life and give you an moment to share in it with me.We are sooooo busy these days and it is so very important not to let the little things and moments pass us by.Hoping you are having a BLESSED day :)

Monday, January 29, 2007

the media got it right this time........

I've been aware for some time now that there has been a lot of news coverage about the eating disorders of some of our "celebrities". I'm grateful that it seems to be forcing these girls to admit the problem and seek help. The media so many times hounds people in a hurtful way. Then,just in the past week I saw two news stories that even took this to another level. The first was when some unflattering pictures of Tyra Banks appeared on the internet.Many critics were talking about her gaining weight. First of all,she's retired from modeling so let the girl eat in peace,please. Secondly, at 5'10 and 161 lbs according to (body mass index website)http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/bmi/index.htm Tyra is actually within normal range. Tyra went to People magazine and did an AMAZING article you should totally check out. It's on newstands right now ! The 2nd media story that I saw was just this morning. Chandra Wilson (Grey's Anatomy) was doing an acceptance speech at the Screen Actors Guild Award last night.Good morning America showed it this morning.Her speech included her thanking everyone for giving "someone with this skin,these hips and these arms " a chance. She even pulled her sleeve up to show her "jiggle" on her arm as she said those words. I thought "there's a real woman for you ".To go on national tv and do that.It was so encouraging to see both these ladies make a public stand and say that there is nothing wrong with not having anorexia and not being a size 0. Beauty does not equal blond,big boobs and a size 0. Beauty is in how you project yourself and how you carry yourself no matter what skin you are in. Beauty is knowing how to play up your attributes and hide your flaws.We all have them so don't even pretend you don't :)
I just wanted to share my thoughts as it's been on my mind since I read the Tyra article. I want to end with the lyrics to a song that I just love. It's by Joanna Martino who I think is so cute and stylish. She's an up and coming christian artist who you need to be looking out for !!!!!




You LOve Me Artist: Joanna MartinoAlbum: My World


Advertisers sell me And TV tries to tell me That my beauty's skin deep
And it's to my advantage To pretty up the package If I want to succeed
But somewhere in the quiet Away from all the noise I hear a different message
In a still small voice

(Chorus)
You love me you love me Just for being me You love me you love me You want me to see
It's not about appearance It's not about my style
No matter what the world is thinking of me
You love me

You see my potential And to get there it's essential That I follow your lead
There will be distractions And in all of my reactions I will need to believe
The world will try to change me
To make me look the part All you really care about
Is what's inside my heart

(Chorus)
You love me you love me Just for being me You love me you love meYou want me to see
It's not about appearance It's not about my style
No matter what the world is thinking of me
You love me

I couldn't face the pressure If I had to stand alone
Every time I come to you Lord you let me know

(Chorus)
You love me you love me Just for being me You love me you love me You want me to see
It's not about appearanceIt's not about my style
No matter what the world is thinking of me
You love me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home