Kairos

Kairos in ancient Greek means "a moment in time".My desire is that this blog will allow me a moment to reflect on life and give you an moment to share in it with me.We are sooooo busy these days and it is so very important not to let the little things and moments pass us by.Hoping you are having a BLESSED day :)

Saturday, July 07, 2007

accountability

***** I've been posting from my friend John McCall lately. I'll post some of my own thoughts soon.He's just been doing such a good job lately of expressing things that have been on my heart too. So,i've let him do the writing for both of us :) ********

How do I become more accountable?

P s a l m 1 1 9 : 9 , 6 6 How can a young person stay pure? By obeying your word and following its rules. . . . Now teach me good judgment and knowledge.

P s a l m 1 : 1 Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked.
To become more accountable, follow God's commands as outlined in his word, the Bible. And choose wise friends to whom you can feel free and safe to give an account of yourself.

What happens when there is no more accountability?

J u d g e s 1 7 : 6 The people did whatever seemed right in their own eyes.

1 S a m u e l 1 3 : 1 1 - 1 2 Saul replied, "I saw . . . you didn't arrive when you said you would . . .I felt obliged to offer the burnt offering myself."
Left unaccountable, we will always lean towards sin.

How can we choose people to hold us accountable?

1 K i n g s 1 2 : 8 - 1 0 Rehoboam rejected the advice of the elders and instead asked the opinion of young men who had grown up with him. . . . The young men replied, "[Tell them] 'If you think he was hard on you, just wait and see what I'll be like!' "
Our closest friends may not always be the best advisers, especially if their counsel is not consistent with God's word.

How can I effectively hold someone else accountable?

E x o d u s 1 8 : 2 1 - 2 2 Find some capable, honest men who fear God and hate bribes. . . . They will help you carry the load, making the task easier for you.

T i t u s 1 : 7 - 8 He must not be arrogant or quick-tempered. . . . He must live wisely and be fair. He must live a devout and disciplined life.
If we are going to serve others by holding them accountable, we must be wise, honest, godly, and trustworthy.

Does God really hold us accountable for all our actions?

E c c l e s i a s t e s 1 1 : 9 Young man, it's wonderful to be young! Enjoy every minute of it. Do everything you want to do; take it all in. But remember that you must give an account to God for everything you do.
Enjoy life, but stay within God's guidelines. God will hold us accountable for everything we do, and who wants to explain ungodliness to a holy God on the Day of Judgment?

P R O M I S E F R O M G O D : 1 J o h n 2 : 3 How can we be sure that we belong to him? By obeying his commandments.

In Christ,
John J. McCall

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home