Kairos

Kairos in ancient Greek means "a moment in time".My desire is that this blog will allow me a moment to reflect on life and give you an moment to share in it with me.We are sooooo busy these days and it is so very important not to let the little things and moments pass us by.Hoping you are having a BLESSED day :)

Friday, June 22, 2007

Get of out that Pit

i am at home sick for a few days.I am having to force myself to take care of me and focus on me for a little bit.This is a little hard to me as my social worker job and christian view draw me to focus on others.I have to keep reminding myself "I can't love others if I'm not loving myself".So,here I am getting a reminder from God on what's most important.taking care of myself and living a life as a christian. I woke up this morning and was just flipping through the tv.I saw Beth Moore talking on the
James and Betty Robison show.I have caught their show a time or two before but not something I watch routinely.It caught my eye because Beth Moore was on.Her teaching have greatly influenced and encourgaged me.SHe was talking about her latest book"Get out of that Pit".I really didn't realize how great a book this was.I shouldn't expect anything less from Beth but I'd seen this book at Lifeway and didn't think much about it.It didn't seem like anything I'd be interested in.But,after hearing her today,I realize the book is a little more than just about being released from bondage.There was 1 point that Beth made on the show today that really hit home with me.She said (and it's in her book too) that she wanted to make the devil sorry he ever messed with her.It wasn't just ok for her to be free but she wanted to make the devil regret messing with her.For those of you who don't know,beth was a victim of sexual assualt as she grew up.She said on the show that it started before she really has memories so it was what she grew up knowing.Her daughter takes Beth's thought a little further in the book and quotes part of Psalms 23 "Thou anoite my head with oil and prepare a table for me in the presence of my enemies".Satan and others who have persecuted us for our christianity will have to sit and watch as we christians rep blessings and rewards.What an amazing thought and site that is :) James went on to state that he was a product of rape and that he too has felt the same thing.It was much more about not letting that circumstance keep him down.it was about living out life to the fullest and being so passionate for God because of that situation that Satan says "uh oh,that plan backfired on me"
I thought about the passion Beth and James have in regards to this.I have never thought of this issue in this way.I've wanted to be free from the devil's stronghold and have taught numerous bible studies on spiritiual warfare.But,I've never thought about actually having such a love for God,passion for God and service to God that it makes the devil sorry.so,this really encouraged me today.It remimded be about "being on fire for Jesus" to quote a cliche. It really is about having a passion for Christ and living a life as a child of God knowing all the blessing we have with that.I thought about Paris Hilton who's been in the news lately.Some people say "she's a hilton,how can she go to jail?" She screamed to her mom "mom,it's not fair" when she was ordered bacbk to jail. how much more should we run to our eternal father with our thoughts and everyday issues/concerns/griefs,questions,etc. Don't mistake what I'm saying.We also face consequences of our decisions here on earth and are certainly capable of not seeing the blessings God is trying to bestow upon us.What we see as blessings may not be what God sees as blessings.I just want to stress that living a christian life is about having a relationship with God and having an undeniable passion for God,His Word and His will.It's about living as his son/daughter.
I'd love any comments you have on this subject or any experience you'd like to share :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home