Kairos

Kairos in ancient Greek means "a moment in time".My desire is that this blog will allow me a moment to reflect on life and give you an moment to share in it with me.We are sooooo busy these days and it is so very important not to let the little things and moments pass us by.Hoping you are having a BLESSED day :)

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Am I Peter?

One of my favorite characters in the bible is Peter.He's my favorite for many reasons but my favorite story of him is when He asks Jesus to tell him to walk on the water. Despite all the storms around him, He saw Jesus and wanted to walk on the water to Jesus.
Lately,I've been wondering,Am I a Peter? Am I keeping my eyes on Jesus in the midst of the storms in my life.I've been going through alot of storms in my life lately.My parents have separated and I've just been doing some soul searching in general. I am doing my best to keep my eyes on Jesus and not be distracted by the "waves"around me.I'm also trying not to let "me"get in the way of God working in my life.Peter often spoke before he thought and I'm guilty of the same.The neat thing is that the Bible tells us Jesus held a special place in His heart for Peter.He loved Peter's passion and impulsiveness.He loved that Peter always had a teachable spirit.So,my prayer lately is let me be like Peter :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home