Kairos

Kairos in ancient Greek means "a moment in time".My desire is that this blog will allow me a moment to reflect on life and give you an moment to share in it with me.We are sooooo busy these days and it is so very important not to let the little things and moments pass us by.Hoping you are having a BLESSED day :)

Sunday, July 01, 2007

something wasn't right in the universe

(****** taken from a friend's blog ********)



Do you read your Bible on a daily basis? If so, you are statistically in the minority. Lately it's my personal goal to read the Bible and pray every single day. This morning, however, I hit the snooze about ten times so I skipped my morning Bible intake and prayer. Now, my point here is not to be legalistic about Bible intake, but rather to share how it affected me...

Something today just wasn't right in the universe. It was like going a day without brushing your teeth. Something just didn't set right. And you know---that's a wonderful feeling. It's wonderful because I hunger to read the Word of God---and when I don't, it feels funny. I know many of you are thinking what's the big deal. So what if you skip a day or two here and there. But, I think that's a dangerous road to travel if we dare to call ourselves a follower of Jesus, yet become complacent in the area of disciplined Bible intake.

In fact, how can I conform daily to the image of Jesus if I don't practice this sacred discipline of infusing my lifeless body with the Living Water? How can I expect to have power to live victoriously in Christ if I don't consider His ways and precepts? I can't store up on grace for tomorrow, but I must daily avail myself to Christ for all things.

Paul puts it even better when he says:
"Discipline yourselves for the purpose of godliness." (1 Timothy 4:7b)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home