Kairos

Kairos in ancient Greek means "a moment in time".My desire is that this blog will allow me a moment to reflect on life and give you an moment to share in it with me.We are sooooo busy these days and it is so very important not to let the little things and moments pass us by.Hoping you are having a BLESSED day :)

Sunday, October 21, 2007

the legacy continues..........




In my family,we have a legacy of aunts.My mom's aunt are very close to her thus leaving me with some amazing great aunts.My dad also had some great aunts in his family.They've since passed on but even I knew 2 of them.Then,i have aunts in my life on both sides of my family that have truly impacted my life.My aunt Ann gave me my first cross necklace when I was baptized.I still have that necklace to this day (22 years later).My mom gave her nieces cross necklaces as well when they were baptized.My aunt Sherry has played a big part in my life despite living in Florida.She has always made a purposeful effort to keep in touch with me via e-mail,phone,letters,etc as I grew up.Every christmas we'd always get a big box of presents she'd shipped and called her on Christmas Day.we also in turn had sent them a box and my mom always made sugar cookies for them.So,my mom was also a very involved aunt.so,as you can see,aunts play a VERY big role in my family. That explains part of my excitement about being Aunt "Shesha" to Madelyn and Anna. Today,something else happened that just made me sit back and remember what a privilege it is to be an aunt.The picture on this blog is madelyn wearing my flip flops.she carried them around with her all day today.She kept putting them on and walking around in "shesha's" shoes like a big girl :)What makes this so special to
me is that I used to do this at my aunt Ann's house.she worked in boutiques most of her life and is certainly "diva".So,going to her house always produced a plethora of 4 inch heels and TONS of costume jewelry.I remember the countless times I'd parade around her house in her high heel shoes.Boy did I think I was the stuff !!!! I have these special memories even today.So,it just really caused me to pause when I saw Madelyn do the same thing today.It just made it hit home that I've been given the title "aunt" and what a privilege it is :) Guess I need to do some MAJOR shoe shopping and make sure I'm stocked up on some 4 inch pumps !!!!!!

P.s. Forgive the blurry shots but she wouldn't be still long enough for me to get a good one :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home