Kairos

Kairos in ancient Greek means "a moment in time".My desire is that this blog will allow me a moment to reflect on life and give you an moment to share in it with me.We are sooooo busy these days and it is so very important not to let the little things and moments pass us by.Hoping you are having a BLESSED day :)

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

If this is marriage,I want to remain single

Over the past almost year now,God has really been showing me alot about marriage.It started with my parents separation.Then,it seemed like every week,I was hearing of another marriage in trouble.The issues ranged from not spending time together,one or both partners feeling unappreciated to affairs.My heart has just been broken for these people.Some have been people I love dearly and can't imagine their pain.Others have been people in ministry who have lost jobs,reputations,etc.I am so thankful that as I've heard about these issues,God has graciously whispered truth into my Spirit.He has shown me what He says about marriage and what a true marriage is about.Of course,we're all human and have temptations.I'm not placing blame.But,it does seem that we've either forgotten about God's design for marriage or just give in to temptation,selfishness,etc.I can't even begin to fathom what it's like to know my spouse cheated on me or doesn't want to spend time with me.I can't begin to imagine how "trapped" so many spouses must feel.But,I do know about my God.I know that God is my Healer,Restorer,Comforter,Sustainer,Friend,Father,Lover,Provider and Savior.I pray that God will be present in every marriage in this world.i pray that God will be exactly what each spouse needs.I pray for marriage and God's will for marriage.I pray for my future husband.I pray that we will have a godly marriage that will be free of so many of the issues that so many other couples have had to face.Until I met him though,i'll just stay single.Marriage is hard enough with the right person so no need to make it any harder :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home