Kairos

Kairos in ancient Greek means "a moment in time".My desire is that this blog will allow me a moment to reflect on life and give you an moment to share in it with me.We are sooooo busy these days and it is so very important not to let the little things and moments pass us by.Hoping you are having a BLESSED day :)

Friday, August 17, 2007

a friend's thought that was too good NOT to share



On a fellow believer's blog,we're discussing where to draw the line in condoning non-christlike behavior.How do we love a nonbeliever but remain loyal to our God and our values.Marcie makes a great point and illustrates this topic so well in her post that I just had to share. So happy reading :)



It is important for Christians to take a stand on isssues (abortion, homosexuality, etc...), in doing this we are hating the "sin", not the "sinner".

Reading through Mark this week, I keep coming back to one of the same passages. I think because I see myself. Not in the character of Jesus, but that of the Pharisee.

Mark 2:15-17. Jesus calls Matthew to be a disciple. It says that later that night Matthew invited Jesus and his disciples for dinner along with his fellow tax collecters. Then, here is the part that is convicting to me
"THERE WERE MANY PEOPLE OF THIS KIND AMONG THE CROWDS THAT FOLLOWED JESUS".
When the pharasees saw this they said "Why does he eat with such scum"
Jesus replied "Healthy people don't need a doctor-sick people do. I have come to call sinners, not those who think they are already good enough"

WOW. I often find myself being one of the people who "think" that I am already good enough.

We don't give an infant a plate with real food on it and expect them to eat it. Why do we expect non-believers to hold to the principles that believers do? They don't have the same tools. They don't have Christ in their hearts, they aren't submitting their life daily to God's will.

In an age when pride is rampant, it would do us well to remember Jesus' example. It is our job to show Christ to these non-believers. Not by holding them accountable to biblical truths, but by loving them and serving them and telling them of God's great forgiveness and grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home