Kairos

Kairos in ancient Greek means "a moment in time".My desire is that this blog will allow me a moment to reflect on life and give you an moment to share in it with me.We are sooooo busy these days and it is so very important not to let the little things and moments pass us by.Hoping you are having a BLESSED day :)

Sunday, August 05, 2007

my testimony

As a christian,people ask you sometimes what is your testimony?This is the "story of your life" and how God came to work in your life.Alot of christians don't feel that they really have a testimony because they didn't have dramatic events in their lives or God hasn't performed miracles on them. There are lots of people who where homeless,involved in gangs,in jail,hooked on drugs,had an abortion,etc that God rescued. These are amazing stories indeed.however,for most christians,it was a quiet
transformation in their life and God is working subtly in thier daily life. We should NEVER belittle those things however.I've always said that it amazes me that God not only sent His son to die for every one of us but that He works in our lives,even if we're not a christian.He calls us to Himself and he uses opportunities to teach us about Himself.He pursues us !!! Let me say that again,He pursues us. He could have just as easily sent Jesus to the cross and left it at that.But,we have His word and His Spirit that He left with us.He puts people in our lives to bless us. That's how much God loves us : ) He does this for all people, believers and nonbelievers.
So,we all have a testimony of how God blesses us on a daily basis.We wake up every morning when God could have taken our breath.
I never thought to share my testimony because I always viewed mine as a basic God being my provision testimony.I didn't have a radical transformation.I wasn't saved from a desperate life,etc.However,I've been reminded lately of something that I don't share that much because it has always been second nature to me.
I was born with a condition called Turner's Syndrome. It's a chromosonal abnormality that affects my bone structure,ability to have children and affects how I learn. I also am deaf in my right ear and at age 4 was diagnosed with a heart condition called tachtycardia (fast heart rate). Now,you may be reading this amazed.But,remember for me,it's nothing as I've never known any other way of life.Also,my parents never dwelled on it either because they didn't want me to define myself by my medical problems.however,over the past few years it has become very apparent that God has blessed me beyond measure and I have something to share.I was able to go to school and had a's and b's despite my struggles.My heart condition was pretty much kept in check with medicine.Between the ages of 4-10 I was in and out of the hospital all the time.Very scary for my family i'm sure but remember I was used to it.I joke that God knew what He was doing when he gave me good veins as many IV's as I've had. I went for several years without any problems with my heart. Then, at the age of 19,my problems started reappearing. They were more severe too. For the first time in my life,at age 19,I was given a medicine called Adincard.They were able to slow down my heart rate.Two more times this happened.I didn't like it either because it may me feel like I couldn't catch my breath and it was scary.I remember asking a friend of mine who was a nurse if everyone else had the same reaction that I did.She said "I don't know as I've never given Adinacard to a conscious person". That's when it really began to hit me that God was really protecting me.i had another visit to the ER with the fast heart rate when my cardiologist said he thought it was time to discuss surgery. We had always known there was a corrective surgery for my condition but never pursued it because I was doing well on meds and the severity of the surgery. However,it became apparent that it was an option we needed to rethink.My dad had always insisted that the surgery would not be done until I was old enough to make the decision myself about it.This in itself is pretty strange as I'm a daddy's girl and he's always protective of me.So,I would have imagined he would have said "whatever it takes".But this time,he gave me the control.As I visited the surgeon at Vanderbilt,I again realized that God was protective and sovereign.It had only been in the past 5 years or so that the study and surgery I was having done was available without open heart surgery. The risk and chances of recovery,etc were much much better than they ever would have been when the doctors were suggesting surgery before.So,I had surgery thanksgiving of 2002.
I've been heart problem free and off meds since then.PRAISE GOD !!! It was after my surgery that a former nurse that I work with pulled me aside and talked with me.She explained that she'd seen alot of turner's patients die as infants or within the first few hours of life.She'd been an ob/gyn nurse.so,she said that it was a "miracle" that i was 30 years old and thriving :) she also stated that people who had as many problems with tachtycardia like I did usually died or ended up having lots of more serious complications.She said I was really blessed. So,as these words are in my mind,I realize that I do have a story to share of God's mercy and provision.God has seen it in His will to heal me and provide for me.Not only that,He blesses me. I am a child of the King and I love to share my "princess" status. i'm truly blessed and I know it .I'm so grateful too. So,if you're reading this know that you too are blessed.you might not have an experience like others but I know you can point to specific times in your life where you were blessed and are blessed. Know that you are loved,dear one, as I leave with this verse from God's Word.......

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.I praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful ,I know that full well

Psalms 139:13-14

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home