Kairos

Kairos in ancient Greek means "a moment in time".My desire is that this blog will allow me a moment to reflect on life and give you an moment to share in it with me.We are sooooo busy these days and it is so very important not to let the little things and moments pass us by.Hoping you are having a BLESSED day :)

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Beauty and "the beast"

So,the title of this post is beauty and "the beast". well,"the beast" is this HUG E ugly pimple I have above my forehead.I exaggerate not folks. It's BIG,BAD and UGLY.I don't get acne that often anyway but this makes up for all of it.I can't reiterate enough how HUGE this thing is and it's right on my eyebrow.It hurts too.What's so bad about it is since it's a HUGE,BAD pimple,nothing i''m doing to clean it,etc is helping.It's just being stubborn and going to camp out on my face for a while.I just have to wait it out.
It's kind of funny that this happened now in my life.As I said,i rarely have acne and have NEVER had a pimple like this.So,the timing is so coincidental it's not even funny.
During my quiet time with God,He's really been treating me about authentic beauty and brokeness.He's been showing me what really makes me beautiful as opposed to what the world and others say makes me beautiful.He's also brought me to a place of brokeness before Him.He's been reminding me of just how ugly I am in myself and how dependant I am on Him.So,I think God brought the pimple as a physical reminder of what spiritual truth He's trying to teach me. I can't do a darn thing about this pimple just like I can't do anything about my ugliness before Him.I'm dependent on the blood of Jesus to make me beautiful before the Father. Also,as I began to have the typical thoughts of someone with a HUGE blemish on thier face,God gently reminded me that pimples will come and go and have nothing to do with my authentic beauty.So,I'm thankful that "the beast" will eventually go away but Beauty will last forever :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home