Kairos

Kairos in ancient Greek means "a moment in time".My desire is that this blog will allow me a moment to reflect on life and give you an moment to share in it with me.We are sooooo busy these days and it is so very important not to let the little things and moments pass us by.Hoping you are having a BLESSED day :)

Monday, November 26, 2007

Breaking News........

I'm home sick today and watching tv while sleeping,eating chicken noodle soup and just overall resting. All day long it seems to be one breaking story after another.
They have identified the girl who was found dead in a suitcase and charged her mother (of all people).An NFL player shot in an apparent robbery attempt in his own home.A 9 year old accused of shooting at 2 people.A mall shooting outside of Atlanta.
Now,I'm not so niave to know that things like this happen on a daily basis.
That's the whole point of my thought today.Since when did these kind of things become the norm? When did we quit caring about life? What has changed in the past few years that these things were unheard of by people my parents age? at least not on a daily basis.My personal conviction is when did my heart become so desensitized to it? Why is my heart not just grieving in agony over these situations like my Father's is?
I don't ever want these things to seem the norm to me even if they are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home