Kairos

Kairos in ancient Greek means "a moment in time".My desire is that this blog will allow me a moment to reflect on life and give you an moment to share in it with me.We are sooooo busy these days and it is so very important not to let the little things and moments pass us by.Hoping you are having a BLESSED day :)

Thursday, November 22, 2007

My Thanksgiving List

As promised,I am writing down a Thanksgiving List.I relate it to a christmas wish list BUT don't want to devalue it's meaning.I think Thanksgiving gets a bum rap at times because it's often viewed as the prelude to Christmas.I will admit that I picked out a few things for Christmas last night.HOWEVER,I have resisted the urge to pull out my tree and hang up the things I got last night until after Thanksgiving.I don't want to casually let this holiday pass by. I've got LOTS to be thankful for and I want to spend today doing what I'm supposed to,being thankful :) So,I thought a good way for me to express them would be to write them down.I encourage you as well every day to find something you're thankful for not just on Thanksgiving. It really helps to keep things in perspective and it will help you acknowlege the Lord who provide them all to you !!!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone and may God bless you :)


Alicia's ThankFul List......


1) Wonderful,Merciful Savior

I can't begin to explain how my being a christian has not only saved me for eternally but affected my daily life. God has been my friend,confidant,redeemer,comforter,provider,encourager,etc when no one else could be
Also,He pursues me in relationship and I'm so thankful for that.He could not have given us His Word and just left it to us to figure things out.however,He did give us His Word and His Spirit to help us.God loves me and for that I am thankful !!!!

2) Family

Of course,I am thankful for my family.I have great parents and an amazing sister.Also,I have the greatest aunts,uncles and cousins.I truly am blessed with such a tight knit family.I'm thankful to have a grandmother still living who can call me to talk on the phone and who I get to see oftten.I'm thankful for my other grandparents who had a big impact on my life growing up who I have GREAT memories of.
I'm thankful for a Godfearing and loving family.I know that lots of people aren't raised this way and I dont' take that lightly.God blessed me with the great family I have.

3)Family Examples

I have several families in my life that have impacted me tremendously.I've learned so much from them and I am so grateful to them.Some I still have in my life and others have gone but left footprints in my life.Some have adopted me as thier own and others have been generous to a young single girl.However,they impacted my life I have never forgotten them,the things they did and the lessons I learned

4)Friends

Wow! where would I be without my friends? I learned a long time ago that God was hand picking my friends.I know this because of how they've come and gone,put up with me and impacted my life beyond words. I am so grateful that God works in my life through my friends.My friends have been great influences on me and have remained true.I have several friends from my childhood,high school and college years still now.My friends are not only friends who I laugh,play and cry with but they are great godly examples and bless me more than they'll every know


5) Provision

By the "world's" standards,I may not have all that much.i don't have an amazing job,live in a big city,have all the latest technology or a cadillac escalade.
But,i've got sooooo much more than that.I've got more than I'll ever need and I have more than alot of people on this Earth.I never go hungry,I have a bed to sleep on and I have a roof over my head.I have a job which means money and I have heat/air.
Yes,I do have more than just these things but I want to focus on the basics. Because,as long as I have those i am good :) and i'm better off than alot of people.
God is my provision and provides for me daily !! I don't want to forget this either.
I could easily be out on the street homeless or living in a country with very little or no drinking water.May I remember that when I go to my sink this morning to wash my face,brush my teeth and the water just flows and flows


6)Music. God has blessed us with our voices and instruments that we can use to praise Him.Numerous times music has encouraged me or been my outlet of praise.So,i'm thankful for music.

7)church family. I love the church I am currently attending. I am blessed by the values it holds and the example of the 1st century church that it is.

8)technology. I couldn't do my job nor keep up with people as easily as I do if it wasn't for cell phones,computers,etc. i'm also thankful for technology in regards to the research it allows.I recently participated in a study at Vanderbilt that gave me some very valuable medical information.This could not have happened without technology.

9)creeks. I just had to throw this in there.I love creeks of all shapes and sizes.Ask anyone who knows me very well and they can tell you.I have to stop and admire any and all creeks.I just think they're such a cool gift from God. Of course,I can appreciate all nature but there's just something about creeks (especially when I see ducks in them ! )

10)art. I have a dear friend who is an artist by trade and I've really come to appreciate art because of her.Not only is she amazingly talented but I've learned soooo much about the fine details of art.I can hardly pass any art up (paintings,pottery,etc) without stopping to notice the details and think about the artist's time and sweat that went into it.


As you can see,I could go on and on. The whole point is to be able to say and write down things you are thankful for. We are truly blessed but it's often so hard not to focus on that when we have other things going on in our lives.Life is hard,I know it,but it's also not as bad as we tend to think it is.So,today be thankful and let that become a part of your every day life and not just once a year :)



Alicia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home