Kairos

Kairos in ancient Greek means "a moment in time".My desire is that this blog will allow me a moment to reflect on life and give you an moment to share in it with me.We are sooooo busy these days and it is so very important not to let the little things and moments pass us by.Hoping you are having a BLESSED day :)

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

how are you walking?

i've struggled lately with the idea of having a DAILY quiet time.I wasn't convinced that it had to be daily.i coudln't find in scripture where Jesus retreated daily.So,why should I? As long as I'm having frequent quiet times aren't I accomplishing the same purpose? I've come to find that I was struggling more with the quality of my quiet time but just masking it as something else.I can tell you that I MOST certainly believe a christian should have a DAILY quiet time.I've really come to realize it's importance.I was reading a friend's blog today and he discussed this very issue.He expressed it so beautifully that I thought I would "steal" from him.....

It's like the rudder of a ship. Imagine yourself at the wheel of a large ship, charged with guiding this vessel to a specific destination thousands of miles away. As you pilot the ship and try to stay on course, the best way is to make small course corrections every couple of miles. Such it is with being consistent in the Word of God. A main reason (I believe) we need to daily read our Bibles is so truth can make small course corrections in our lives as we steer towards the final goal.

Imagine what happens when you only make course corrections every week or at irregular times. You tend to find yourself making large zigs and zags in order to stay true to the course. I always struggled following God closely when my daily walk with Christ was erratic, inconsistent, and haphazard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home