Kairos

Kairos in ancient Greek means "a moment in time".My desire is that this blog will allow me a moment to reflect on life and give you an moment to share in it with me.We are sooooo busy these days and it is so very important not to let the little things and moments pass us by.Hoping you are having a BLESSED day :)

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

What is my job?

I had a couple of unique experiences yesterday. I had a board of directors meeting at Healthy Start.This is a program ran by West Tn Health Care that serves first time moms.They work with mothers until the children are age 3.It's a voluntary program for the moms but it's obvious that they learn alot of great things.In meeting the staff of Healthy Start,it was very obvious that they love people and love their clients. My job keeps me so busy that i don't always get to really know my clients in their own enviorment like i wish I could.So,this was just a reminder to me to try to do as much as i can to have a relationship with my clients along with helping them physically and financially.Then,i got back to my office and i had a co-worker come to talk to me.She is having some family issues and wanted some "expert" advice.I was very honored that she came to me as I adore this lady but don't get to talk with her much.So,i was glad she came to me.It just seemed odd as I had just had on my mind about wanting to be there more for people and she came to me.I recognized this "Kairos" (see my blog name) and took full advantage of it.
I was so glad that I had that time with her.So,I feel renewed and refreshed today as I begin another day at work.What I do DOES make a difference even though I'm usually too busy to see it :) i'm also reminded of the verse in 1 Corinthians 10:31 "so wether you eat or drink or whatever you do,do it all for the glory of God"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home