Kairos

Kairos in ancient Greek means "a moment in time".My desire is that this blog will allow me a moment to reflect on life and give you an moment to share in it with me.We are sooooo busy these days and it is so very important not to let the little things and moments pass us by.Hoping you are having a BLESSED day :)

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Tornado hits Jackson,TN






A tornado hit my hometown of Jackson,TN last night. I can say that i've never seen such damage in my life. I posted 3 pictures that to me captured alot of the story.So,I'll comment a little about each picture.


1)this is the side of the Walgreeens. I've pulled into that very spot MANY a time to get my meds filled. Amazing !!!!

2)this picture shows a dorm room with clothes,etc intact but the wall torn down.This is amazing to me.I've never understood how tornadoes touch some things but not others

3) this shows how cars were piled up on top of each other.that only HINTS at the devastation.What also really struck me was the apartments in the back of this picture.My mom lives there and it's literally just right across the street from the Union dorms. I can't believe there was no damage there.

Please keep Union University in your prayers as they have a long road to recovery !!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home