Kairos

Kairos in ancient Greek means "a moment in time".My desire is that this blog will allow me a moment to reflect on life and give you an moment to share in it with me.We are sooooo busy these days and it is so very important not to let the little things and moments pass us by.Hoping you are having a BLESSED day :)

Thursday, December 06, 2007

sowing with tears

Tonight,on my way home from work,the tears just flowed. I realized that I had been holding some feelings in for a while.I didn't even really realize they were there until they were brought to the surface today.I'm so thankful they were too.I already feel better but the healing's only begun. I believe that as a christian there are moments that we're called to be "raw",heart wide open,vulnerable,grieved and burdened.However,these moments have a purpose.The social worker in me thought that it was just because we all know what stress and stress relief,techniques can do for a person.However,I read in the bible Psalms 126:5
Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy.
The picture of this is amazing.First of all,we have to sow in tears.That means that tears are expected and even required.They are a perfectly natural part of a christian life.So,we should not be ashamed of tears or feel weak because of tears.We should be thankful for them as the "seeds" to great things. Then,we reap joy from tears.This amazes me too.Tears are used to produce joy ! I think this is because tears cause us to be "raw",heart wide open,vulnerable,grieved and burdened.Out of this,God produces peace,joy,dependence,wisdom and love.All that out of some tears? Seems like a pretty good deal to me :)
I shared this with you as I sense maybe you needed to hear this.Maybe you need to know you're not alone in your tears,tears are actually good things not to be ashamed of.Perhaps you need to be convicted of not having tears in your life.I can tell you it's the greatest thing ever ! Please be open before the Father and allow Him to show you some areas in your life that need some "tear" sowing.Remember,joy comes from those seeds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home