Kairos

Kairos in ancient Greek means "a moment in time".My desire is that this blog will allow me a moment to reflect on life and give you an moment to share in it with me.We are sooooo busy these days and it is so very important not to let the little things and moments pass us by.Hoping you are having a BLESSED day :)

Sunday, December 02, 2007

The Scrooge,The Grinch and the Prince of Peace

It has already started this christmas season. I've been battling a cold for a week now,I've only just begun on my christmas shopping,it's hit me how FAST christmas is approaching,I've got enough on my mind to think about without christmas interferring and I have a full time job to go to.Not to mention my niece is old enough to want certain things that have caused a slight stressor for aunt "sheesha" who has to be the cool aunt who will give her stuff she likes.Fortunately,I've found what I think will make her happy :) But,not without a little worry and some savy shopping skills.So,why is this so important to me? Why am I so focused on the presents,trees,wrapping paper,christmas cards,etc? Why do I feel like Scrooge who just wants to forget about christmas? Or better yet the Grinch who was miserable and wanted everyone else to be miserable too?It's craziness to pretend like christmas is the "most wonderful time of the year" or "it's a wonderful life"."Silent Night,holy night" does not exist at my house currently and I'm not even going to try to pretend like I'm all cozy and warm like the christmas cards and commercials depict.To be honest,I feel alot like the Grinch.I can let envy creep in so I turn green like him.
I like knowing that others feel like I do too.So,me and the Grinch have alot in common these days.I'm like Scrooge too in that part of me detests christmas.I don't see the point of making everything so glittery,pretty and bright when that's not reality.I think about better ways my money could be spent than on christmas presents,card,paper,etc.
But,then I think of my favorite christmas character,the Prince of Peace.I'll never forget the first time I heard about him.It was just a few years back at my church.My pastor,Chuck,talked about him in great length.Oh,I'd heard his name before.But,I didn't know him and I couldn't picture him.That day,however,I got a real sense of the Prince of Peace.I knew the Prince as my savior,friend,redeemer and Lord.But,I didn't know about the peace He had to give me.I didn't think about his birth as the birth of peace.I learned that day that He could give me peace.Peace eternally that would never be based on my circumstances.Peace that only He could give.That's the greatest christmas present I could ever hope for :) It was around that same time that I heard the song "breath of heaven".I can so relate to Mary in this song.She's been called by God for a purpose.She's scared,excitetd,anxious and humbled all at the same time.What should be a GREAT time for her is a time of anxiety. She has no one to turn to except God.Joseph couldn't possibly understand her emotions.She also seems to be in need of peace.So,I've introduced Scrooge and the Grinch to the Prince of Peace and Mary.That's how I'll get through Christmas.That's how I'll remember what christmas is truly about.It's how I can remain peaceful during this crazy time.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home