Kairos

Kairos in ancient Greek means "a moment in time".My desire is that this blog will allow me a moment to reflect on life and give you an moment to share in it with me.We are sooooo busy these days and it is so very important not to let the little things and moments pass us by.Hoping you are having a BLESSED day :)

Sunday, January 06, 2008

This is the good life !!!!




Anyone who knows me knows i've had alot of stress this past year.Work has not been fun,things in my personal life had been hard and I've had lots of times where I felt very distant from God.Somehow,I've survived it though and I'm starting 2008 out on a good note.The one thing that i've been constantly reminded of lately is what really matters.What makes a day a good day? What's worth living for? where's the fine line between working hard and letting it rule your life? Fortunately,i've been able to remember that it's family,friends,the little moments in life that answer these questions.I have to work hard to have money.also,I have a strong work ethic and believe in working hard.You just have to make sure you take time for yourself and remember the important things.I appreciate coming home and enjoying some quiet time knowing that I've worked hard that day.There really is nothing more satisfying at night that knowing you made good use of the day God gave you.I wanted to share some things that to me are examples of what makes life worth it.Things like these have helped me keep my focus and remember what it's all about.It helps me get up in the morning to start a new day and rest securely at night.The picture on the left is of some dear friends of mine.I've known this family for several years now.What makes this pic so special is who all is in it.This is a missionary family.The parents are in canada.One of the daughters just returned from the middle east and one is about to leave for western europe.The 3rd daughter and her family have been in southeast Asia for almost 2 years now.so,the fact that they were all together for christmas was a HUGE deal.It doesn't happen that often.They have really enjoyed this time together knowing that it's rare and precious.also,I'm very excited about tonight as we're going to get to spend time with them as their SALT group.We also know how precious this family is and how precious time with them is. This is the good life !!!!
The picture on the right is one that an intercessor friend sent me.I love this pic :)
It's a pic of a little boy who was prayed for over a LONG period of time and who truly is a miracle. This not only reminds me of how prayer works but just how precious life is.It is a universal picture as there are sooooo many babies being prayed over and so many who fight for life when they are born.Life itself makes this a good life !!!!!I also have some dear friends who have been in the process of adopting from Russia for 1 1/2 years now.They had really gotten discouraged and were growing impatient as things weren't progressing in the time frame they usually do.That's when we were all reminded that God's timing is PERFECT !!! They got a call in mid december that they had a son.They got to spend christmas with their son in Russia.That's something they will never forget !!!! Of course,they'd remember meetiing him no matter what month it was.However,because of the slow progress it was christmas instead of mid summer.It really put a new focus on Christmas for them and was the best Christmas present they will ever receive !!!!!
So,all these stories helped remind me of God's provision and timing.It gave me encouragement and hope.It helped me keep my focus and to remember this really is the good life !!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home