Kairos

Kairos in ancient Greek means "a moment in time".My desire is that this blog will allow me a moment to reflect on life and give you an moment to share in it with me.We are sooooo busy these days and it is so very important not to let the little things and moments pass us by.Hoping you are having a BLESSED day :)

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Can I help you?

Lately,I've been privileged to talk with some people about my battle over worry.It's soooo neat to see how God has given me this opportunity. I've come to realize that this is a big problem that ALOT of people deal with.It's mentioned alot in scripture too so God must have known it was something humankind would struggle with.So,I thought it was blog worthy to share some things i've learned about worry that might help someone else.
Let me say that I do believe some people are more predisposed to it than others.It's just the way God made us.Thanks be to God too for His creation !!!!So,don't feel like you're weird,crazy,impulsive,immature,etc just because you worry. Also,it's something that you won't ever be able to completely control.You will always have times of worry or have thoughts creep back up in your mind.However,you can live victorious and learn that God's grace is sufficient for you. Below,i'm going to list some important things about worry that I think are important.............

1)worry in itself is not sin. Don't think something is wrong with you because you worry.EVERYBODY has something that "torments" them as worry torments you.Also,worry is a natural part of human life.It's what you do with those "worry" actions and thoughts that lead to sin or lack of faith

2)talk therapy is HUGE in conquering worry.Ask yourself "why I am I worried?" "What will I do if this happens and what will I do if that happens?" "What's the worst that can happen?" "What can my worrying do about the situation?"
Seriously,these questions were HUGE in helping myself. I would lay in bed worried about things to happen the next day when I started realizing that I was only making things worse.I couldn't control anything from my bed and me staying up worrying only would make me sleepy the next day and not best prepared to face whatever was going to happen.Also,use talk therapy as a "reverse psychology". Tell yourself positive things
or happy things if you start worrying over "stupid" self.Our brains are wonderful things but they can play havoc with us too.We have to sometimes feed our brains with the things we want in it.

3)journaling is a big help too. Worry can come along because someone hasn't expressed
their thoughts,feelings,emotions,etc. It helps to write out your thoughts even if you don't feel that you need to.I can promise you that you don't want to let things bottle up until they explode. It's just messy :) believe me !!!!!

4)seek professional help. There are times when your worries are not rational and you may need therapy or medicine. You'll know if/when you get to this point. It's probably a temporary thing but is still VERY serious and needs expert advice.Give yourself some slack and don't be prideful. ALOT more people than you realize take medicine or have professional help.

5)take care of yourself.Diet and exercise REALLY REALLY are an important part of your mental health.Even short walks,having plants in the house,yoga,running with your dog,playing kickball with your niece (my personal favorite) can make a BIG difference.Take time out for yourself and drink lots of water.Avoid the sugary caffeinated stuff if you can.It just makes anxiety worse.


I hope this helps you ! It's not complicated and doesn't require much.BUT,it'll help you more than you'll ever know


NO WORRIES,
Alicia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home