Kairos

Kairos in ancient Greek means "a moment in time".My desire is that this blog will allow me a moment to reflect on life and give you an moment to share in it with me.We are sooooo busy these days and it is so very important not to let the little things and moments pass us by.Hoping you are having a BLESSED day :)

Sunday, October 05, 2008

just rambling

I've been sick for a few days now.Can I just tell you I HATE being sick !!! I am praying that i'm finally on the mend.I go back to work tomorrow and need all the mental and physical strength I can get.I have enjoyed the downtime though and just being able to snuggle in my bed. It's been much needed.When I've felt up to it i've been thinking about God and talking to Him lately.I hate to admit that I've put Him on the back burner the past few weeks with my move and stressful job situation. As usual though,I've been on His mind all this time.God is FAITHFUL !!! He reminded me the past few days of some of His characteristics. First of all that He is FAITHFUL !!! He has not left my side for one moment during these past few weeks when I didn't feel Him or sense Him.He's been right there.(As a side not because of this He already knows what's been going on so when I pray nothing is a surprise to Him and nothing is unknown to Him). God is also the REDEEMER !!! I was reminded today of someone who has come back into my life who I knew in high school.This guy had quite a reputation back in the day and I still cant' put that past me even today. God had to remind me that Yes,He can and does redeeem people's pasts and restores their future.I don't see any potential in this guy but God does !!! Praise God that He sees us as NO ONE else does :)
Last thing God has been reminding me of is that He is my PORTION !!! He is all I need and then provides for all my needs.He knows it all (see earlier in my blog) and wants to move in our lives in some mighty big ways.I don't always believe this though as my prayer life shows that.I don't hand things over to Him as if He's the Almighty !!! If I truly believe He's sovereign,omnipotent,etc than who better to give my life to and to give my day to day life to.He's already there and already knows.So,why not invite Him to be there and to work in ways only He can. That is my prayer tonight that I won't forget who God is and what He can do in my life !!!!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 5:46 PM , Blogger This Is Stupid said...

    Alicia,
    I just love reading your posts. You are always so uplifting, even if things aren't going your way! I hope you feel better soon!

     
  • At 8:15 AM , Blogger Nathan and Meg said...

    Hey, girl! I found your blog through someone on my blog list. Sorry to hear you are feeling bad...but good to hear you are learning through it!

     
  • At 9:39 PM , Blogger Alicia Beth said...

    Ellen and Meg,thanks for your sweet comments ! good to hear from you :)
    I am feeling MUCH better now.Thanks.
    Keep reading as I love reading your blogs too !!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home