Kairos

Kairos in ancient Greek means "a moment in time".My desire is that this blog will allow me a moment to reflect on life and give you an moment to share in it with me.We are sooooo busy these days and it is so very important not to let the little things and moments pass us by.Hoping you are having a BLESSED day :)

Friday, January 30, 2009

Basketball vs. Life

Tonight I got to watch one of the most thrilling and entertaining basketball games of my life ! It was thrilling as each team really was really challenged by the other and it ended up being an 88-78 game. There were 3 things that really stuck out at me about this game that I thought I'd share. First of all,the home team really pressured the visiting team and SEVERAL times kept them from coming across mid court or being able to pass in the ball from out of bounds to another player.It was INTENSE pressure.I thought about times in our lives when we're like that.We can't move or we can't find someone to share our burdens with.We can have all the plans in the world or all the right motives in the world but if we can't take that first step to make it happen then it's all in vain.Have you ever had a time when you felt so paralyzed or pressured? I know I have. Secondly,the visiting team's coach at one point got so mad he threw the play board down on the ground and appeared to smash it into pieces.Later I heard him say he didn't break it,that a pen went up in the air as he hurled it at the ground.You could see the look in the player's eyes.They KNEW he was upset (he normally isn't like that !) and after the game was over they'd won but were still upset for letting coach down and not playing to the best of their ability. I thought about 2 things in this scenerio.I thought about the coach who hurled the play board.I'm pretty sure he regretted doing it.It really upset the girls I believe.But,no matter how much he might apologize for it later,etc he can't take it back.I thought about how our words,actions,etc can have a lasting impact on someone.I KNOW some of you have a story you could share about how someone's actions/words affected you either positively or negatively.You could also share about how you've wished you could take back something you said or did. I'd LOVE to hear these :) I also thought about sometimes it takes a coach getting mad at players to get them to do what He wants.I wonder if God feels this way about me sometimes.Does He have to yell,scream,shout,blow sticks of dynamite,send a catastrophe,etc into my life before I do His will? Or am I constantly looking to Him for guidance and then following His commands? I have MANY a story I'm sad to say where God had to hurl a play board at me. What about you? Again,I'd love to hear your story. If you're still with me :) the last thing I'd like to share is about the home team's coach.He was HILARIOUS and was so fun to watch !! I still can't believe he wasn't called on a technical for being out on the floor. He was the MOST enthused coach I've ever seen.It was almost as if he was playing the game himself !! His body would move with whatever his player was doing (if she was shooting so was he,if they were running down the court so was he).It really was a sight to see.He was doing it in such a "cheerleading" sort of a way. I thought about how we need people like that as we play this game of life.We need people around us feeling what we feel,seeing what we see,experiencing what we're experiencing.We need them supporting us.We need them coaching us.
I know this is ALOT of thinking on my part from just a basketball game :) hehe
I really did watch the game and enjoy myself.I thought about most of this while on the way home.But,I could definitely see the parallels so I thought I'd just share my thoughts.I'd love input from any of you on what I've said and may you never look at another basketball the same again :)

Warmly,
Alicia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home