Kairos

Kairos in ancient Greek means "a moment in time".My desire is that this blog will allow me a moment to reflect on life and give you an moment to share in it with me.We are sooooo busy these days and it is so very important not to let the little things and moments pass us by.Hoping you are having a BLESSED day :)

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Looking for a Miracle?

I was watching President Obama's town hall meeting this morning and was intrigued.I was proud to see Americans asking tough questions of the President and coming out to voice their thoughts,comments,etc.Now we can talk about whether he answered their questions or not and if people should be looking to government or not. I certainly welcome that discussion if you so desire.But what I thought I would comment on is the way people were looking at the President to perform "miracles".I am really thinking about the lady who needed help.She was unemployed and homeless.Once she was picked to ask the President a question you could see her excitement.She then proceeded to tell the President of her troubles (which alot of people face) and simply looked at him and said "please help". She was in tears.The President was very affectionate and gracious to her.I thank the Lord for that !! You could tell that she knew that if she could just talk to the President he could do something for her.She was in sheer disbelief that she was actually getting to speak to him. My mind instantly thought of the story from Scripture of the lady who knew she could be healed by just touching Jesus'garment.She was healed and He felt her touch the hem of His garment when there were many people surrounding Him.(Mark 5:25-31).It was a miracle in His time.So,my question is this? Do you still believe in modern day miracles? if you do,who do you look to for those miracles to be performed? The lady today believed the President would do something for her.She believed that if she could just talk with him then all would be fine.She acted out in faith and attended the rally with a slim chance she would actually get to talk to him.She went anyway.How amazing is it that as a christian we can talk to God anytime and KNOW that He cares and can/will provide.May God bless this lady I saw today and may we all as Americans be reminded that God can provide and never forget His supreme authority !!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home