Kairos

Kairos in ancient Greek means "a moment in time".My desire is that this blog will allow me a moment to reflect on life and give you an moment to share in it with me.We are sooooo busy these days and it is so very important not to let the little things and moments pass us by.Hoping you are having a BLESSED day :)

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

India on my mind

I've had India on my mind for some time now.Main reason is because I have some dear friends serving there.They are about to have a baby and I just see their heart for the country of India.They love the Indian people and its culture.I also know of a fellow blogger about to travel in May to India and a friend who leaves this week for India to dig wells for drinking water.This person is also beginning the process to adopt a child from India.So this has alot to do with why India is on my mind.But I also think alot about culture and diversity.For some reason when I see the people of India and their culture it just seems soooo different than mine.It is the best example I see of how another country is so different than mine.I question myself all the time about how "americanized" I am.I have not had the privilege to travel outside of the US but know MANY people who have.I've seen TONS of pictures,videos,etc from many different countries and also have crafts,clothing,etc from these countries.I treasure each and every item I have from another country. I think there is MUCH to be learned from other cultures and pray that I remain open to that knowledge as long as I live.
Do you have any thoughts or comments? Do you have a story about traveling to another country you'd like to share? Do you have pics to share? I love pics :)
I'd love to hear anyone's story !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home