Kairos

Kairos in ancient Greek means "a moment in time".My desire is that this blog will allow me a moment to reflect on life and give you an moment to share in it with me.We are sooooo busy these days and it is so very important not to let the little things and moments pass us by.Hoping you are having a BLESSED day :)

Friday, March 06, 2009

What's your self indulgence?

With the release of "Confessions of a Shopaholic",the state of the economy and just personal life situations I've been in lately,I've started thinking about just how self indulgent I can be.Don't worry this isn't going to be a "soapbox" type of post.I've just wondered just exactly what people's self indulgences are and if they've had to cut back on them lately.I saw on tv the other day that some people don't see how they could go shopping at the grocery store only once a month or even once a week.Luckily for me,when I was working and getting paid bimonthly,I went shopping bimonthly. I'm a coupon queen and would be even better if I had the storage space for extra groceries.But,I'm also the same person who gets something on her brain and JUST HAS TO HAVE IT !! It's a bad trait of mine I've had for years.I've started getting smart and asking for such things at christmas,birthday,etc.I used to work overtime alot and would know how much I made on a Saturday working.Then I'd think to myself well,that just paid the utility bill or paid for those shoes I've been wanting.I moved last fall and realized just how much junk (and I do mean junk) I'd accumulated.What I found most interesting is I found a handful of things I just HAD to have and never opened them.To this day,I have 2 pairs of shoes in my closet and a purse that I've never worn or used. So,just wondering if all my readers out there could relate and had a story of their own they wanted to share. I gave up getting my nails done and a few things like that since I'm not currently working.Have you had to downsize a little and if so what have you given up?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home